Group Training for Runners of all ages and paces
Training was developed by the San Antonio RoadRunners (SARR), your local non-profit running club since 1973. Our group training programs help runners of all abilities, from beginners to the advanced.
Join our team to see how the camaraderie of group training can help you achieve your running goals. Our nationally award-winning program has helped hundreds of local runners learn to run better, meet new friends, and explore the many different trails and courses the city has to offer.
Ready for a Challenge?
With programs starting throughout the year, chances are we have a training program to meet your needs.
- Just getting started with running? Try our Walk To Run 5K program.
- Do you want to learn how to run faster? Our Pick Up the Pace and Get Ready to Relay programs can improve your pace and lower your finish times.
- Ready to get your feet dirty? Our Off-RoadRunner Trail program teaches you the basics of trail running and introduces you to local trails.
- Are you Half crazy? Our Let’s Run 13.1 Half-Marathon training is our most popular program and has helped hundreds of runners cross the finish line.
- Up for a big challenge? Our You Can Do 26.2 Marathon training is the biggest full-marathon program in town and has helped runners of all paces tackle this long run.
- SARR Kids Run Training Program - is a fun, 10-week run program geared toward helping kid's achieve consistent running habits. It will introduce pacing, both competitive and non-competitive exercises, Yoga and other overall wellness practices.
- Volunteer to Help in a Training program - We have a variety of volunteer spots for each program. We need help with registration, mentoring, coaching, course setup, speakers, social activities, and other duties. All our volunteers get to participate in that training program for FREE. Volunteer Now!
Ready to Have FUN?
It’s not all about running. We like to have fun too! Our training teams visit many of the local trails and parks so you can see what San Antonio has to offer for local runners. We also visit quite a few local eateries and drinking establishments after our runs to recover and socialize. At SARR Training you will find people of all backgrounds, ages, experience, and goals. Running brings us together. The fun keeps us coming back.
Have a question or need more info?