Running and Walking - Rules of the Road Walkers and runners must always practice safety first when training near traffic! The first four of these are Texas laws.
- Please always walk/run facing oncoming traffic.
- Always stay on the sidewalk when one is available.
- If there is no sidewalk, always stay near the left side of the road in single file.
- Do not cross intersections opposing street lights.
- Always watch for traffic in all directions - vehicles are bigger and danger is ever present.
- Light colored clothing is always recommended.
- On cloudy days or at night, wear/use reflective gear - front and back and one or more lights.
- It is recommended you run/walk with a training partner or a group.
- If you use an MP3 player, remember you need to be able to hear traffic, angry animals, etc.
- First and foremost - Safety First! It could save your life.