Training program using a walk/run approach to prepare new or returning runners for a 5K race.
MUST register in advance. Online registration closes on Wednesday, March 29th at 11:59pm.
Walk to Run 5K Training Program:
• National Award-Winning Program.
• Starts on April 1st at 7:30am at McAllister Park, Dog Park.
• 10 weeks long.
• Weekly team runs on Saturday mornings and Tuesday evenings.
• Flexible weekly workout schedule.
• Includes training tech shirt.
• Prepares participants for a 5K race in June.
• Taught by RRCA Certified Coaches.
• Presented by San Antonio Road Runners (a non-profit running club dedicated to
providing events and education on running since 1973).
• Cost: $15 for SARR Members, $40 for non-members (includes cost for
• Focused on first-time runners or those returning to the sport after a long layoff.
• Uses a walk/run training method to prepare participants to run a 5K race in just
• Tips and techniques on the basics of running.
• Online registration closes on Wednesday, March 29th at 11:59pm.